Delta 8 THC: An Overview
Cannabis is full of cannabinoids that interact with our body’s endocannabinoid system– the biological system made up of neurotransmitters and cannabinoid receptors which respond to the chemical compounds found in cannabis sativa.
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid quickly gaining widespread popularity. It should come as no surprise that delta 8 consumers report experiencing clear headed highs and relaxation, and none of the negatives effects typically associated with delta 9 THC (the primary cannabinoid in marijuana that gets you “high”) such as paranoia, dry eyes/mouth, cloudy thinking, etc. For a more in depth analysis of what delta 8 THC is, and how it compares to delta 9 THC, please refer to our June 26, 2020 blog entitled “ What is Delta 8 THC?”.
Below, we discuss the various methods of how you can get your daily dose of delta 8 THC!
Delta 8 THC-Infused Gummies
One of the most common ways consumers enjoy consuming their delta 8 THC is by eating delta 8 THC-infused gummies. Let’s explore some key reasons why delta 8 gummies are so popular!
1) Dosing is easy and understandable. Most gummies have a one piece serving size, but you should refer to the “Supplemental Facts” on the container for the correct dosing information.
2) They taste great (or at least ours do!), and there are a variety of flavors out there. Enjoy Hemp’s delta 8 THC-infused gummies come in multiple flavors including strawberry, mango, pineapple, and blue raspberry. People report to love the texture and the size of our delta 8 gummies.
3) Affordability. Enjoy Hemp Delta 8 THC gummies are 50 mg/piece, and sold in a 2 piece container for $9.99/container; 10 piece container for $34.99; and a 20 piece container for $59.99.
4) Vegan options! If you are vegan, we have several flavors of vegan delta 8 THC-infused gummies available for you to enjoy. Our delta 8 vegan gummies offer a soft consistency. The best part? They also taste fantastic, and no animals were harmed in the production of the gummies.
5) Onset of effects: Typically, delta 8 gummies’ effects activate within 25-45 minutes and last for about 4 hours.
Delta 8 THC Cartridges
Delta 8 THC cartridges (“carts”) are a great option for people who want to feel the effects of the delta 8 THC immediately. If you vape, you are probably familiar with carts. If you aren’t, here is the rundown on what you need to know about delta 8 THC carts:
- Make sure that any cart you are interested in does not have any additives or fillers like Vitamin E acetate, which can cause serious harm to your body. The cart should simply contain delta 8 THC distillate and terpene profiles (FYI, terpenes are basically the “essential oils” of hemp, add to the flavor and scent of the product, and improve the effects of the product).
- Make sure that the cart you are interested in has a ceramic coil cartridge. It’s important to get a ceramic coil cartridge, as opposed to a metal coil cartridge, because there is no risk of burning the delta 8 THC distillate, and it delivers a great smooth taste.
- Onset of effects: vaping users report to immediately experience the effects of delta 8 THC.
If you do decide to go with a cart, you’ll want to make sure to have a battery to screw onto the cart, so that you can vape it.
Please note, the delta 8 THC distillate is very thick. Pure delta 8 THC distillate is one of the thickest and hardest hemp extracts to work with. Enjoy Hemp’s delta 8 THC distillate is very potent, with certificates of analysis reporting approximately 85% delta 8 THC per cart. Some other cart brands on the market have carts at just 60% delta 8 THC; hence, the oil is much thinner and evaporates easier.
It is very important to ensure use of the correct wattage settings in order to vape our cartridges. We advise a 3.2-3.8V and a battery with a preheat setting to enable the oil to vaporize properly.